Source: DiS Does Singles 14/04/14
Top 10 indie dance moves of all-time
10) The Dev Hynes wriggle
9) Haim’s kung fu power pose
Also known as indie’s best triple threat since Test Icicles split up.
8) The David Byrne & St. Vincent shuffle
An art-rock reinterpretation of the robot. Because, why not?
7) Thom Yorke’s existential freak out
Who are we? Why are we here? How can I express these questions via contemporary dance?
6) Hot Chip’s group geek bop
Step 1: Raise your head aloft.
Step 2: Slam it down again, chin first.
Step 3: Repeat, over and over.
5) The Future Islands neck thrust
Want your band to become a viral sensation? Then trust in the neck thrust.
4) Morrissey’s gladioli twirl
Because singing into a microphone just won’t do on Top Of The Pops.
3) Zooey Deschanel’s hula hoop twirl
Humankind’s most adorkable achievement. Unquestionably.
2) Ian Curtis’ FM radio twitch
Forever imitated, never bettered.
1) Whatever Thom Yorke is doing here
The Kid A of dad dance moves.